Sunday 25 October 2020

My Sweet Lord /Hare Krishna/ Jesus loves you

 

I always liked the songs "My Sweet Lord" by George Harrison  and "Generations of Love" by Boy George/Jesus loves You.

I am not a vegetarian but lean in that direction.I have been told on more than one occasion the  Hare Krishna's publish excellent vegetarian recipes.My first real experience of Hare Krishna's was at  an underground rave by Tribal Energy at the "Cool Tan Arts Centre" in Brixton.We arrived at the venue not sure what to expect.A group of Hare Krishna's who were running the cafe were onstage chanting and drumming.It was getting later and later and people were getting restless but the chanting went on . Eventually a "crusty" entered the stage took the mic  and said "We are not going to be intimidated any longer we are here to play some Hardcore Kick Ass Techno!" With that the lights went down and the most awesome rave began of hard industrial acid techno with a memorable performance by the Tribal Energy "angle grinders."

Since those days I learnt about Christ Conciousness in San Francisco  have been exposed to the "Sant Mat" of Eckankar , studied Buddhism and even spent in a year living in the Buddhist temple of my Kung Fu teacher. I have also practised Capoeira and played percussion. Marching down the street with the Capoeira bateria has on more than one occasion be likened to the Hare Krishna's.







No comments: