Sunday 13 January 2013

Tiger Style


I have been experiencing a "Tiger flap" the last few days which began went i caught up with a mate who a mutual friend has nicknamed "Tiger".I was asking if he had heard the dubstep/grime producers "True Tiger" who have recently been given a late night show Friday night/Saturday morning on Kiss.
I started resonating "Tigers" in a big way a couple of years ago in (the year of the tiger) when my son was born and my neice and nephew took a photo of him as a new born next to a cuddly toy of "Tigger" from Winnie the Poo" every few months they would measure him in units of "Tigger" .
Prior to that I had only a vague interest in the meaning of tiger symbolism. Prominent ones being the used of the tiger by "Esso" and the "Eye of the tiger" in the rocky films. More recrntly  I wondered about the meaning of "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon"
My recent cluster of Tiger syncs deepened when i was competing with my son to access my computer and noticed "Cosmic Tigger" had made a post referencing the Tiger in " The life of Pi" at I hadn't had a chance to read it when my son pulled up the webpage for Kellogs Frosties with its animated Tiger. This minor sync gave me the motivation for a blog post of my own and as I logged on to compose it what was the first image I saw but the one I have attached which had been shared on facebook by a work colleague.I had never seen the different breeds of tigers alongside each other like this in a photo and it seem to mirror my discovery a day earlier that there are in fact two varieties of Tiger Balm on sale red and white.

No comments: