Monday 12 April 2021

Sometimes it snows in April

The other day my wife called to advise me it was snowing it was a sunny April day so I might not have believed her if I hadn't checked with my own eyes.

This alone wouldn't have warranted a post but after looking at the snow I sat down to check my Facebook when I saw a post by the DJ Carl Loben  ( Drum Monkeys / Jack Said What? ) who was doing  a radio show that evening featuring the "Sometime it snows in April" prize draw. I had never heard of that song by the purple one .I have to admit to be late to realising the wonderful talent that he was .  Despite associating both "1999" and "Batman" with teenage crushes. I only went to seem him at Earls Court on the "Diamonds and Pearls" tour because I was invited by two very attractive young ladies. I think it was when I watched "Purple Reign" the film on TV that I really started to appreciate his talent and the brilliance that was "Sign of the times"




No comments: