Thursday 9 December 2021

Telepathy - The Spirit Palm

Dr Stephen Strange is Master of the mystic arts one of which is telepathy.











Perhaps my earliest exposure to the concept of telepathy  was when my dad read me "The Chrysalids" by John Wyndham, later this resonated when I read about the Psi Cops in 2000AD and Psi Corps in Bablyon Five.

It was at one of the first ever squat /acid house parties that I attended that I first experienced a kind of group telepathy. During the midst of the party. Two newcomers  started to rummage through  coats and bags of the party goers, which had all been left around the seats at the edge of  the danceloor. Within seconds everyone was aware of what was happening with little or no verbal communication. The two perps were subsequently  subject to a very Rough Justice as they were apprehended and taken outside.

The Pop band The Shamen introduced me to  the ideas of Terrance Mckenna  on telepathic communities at raves. I experienced this myself  at deep house and ambient parties like Tokyo Sex Whale and Telepathic fish. At the time I lived just around the corner from the wax club , home of  "Club Telepathy" which used the Spirit palm in its promotion. As did club Labyrinth at the Four Aces Dalston Lane.









Through  RAW  , The KLF ,  Spiral Tribe and Thee Temple ov Psychick Youth   I was exposed to  the illumianti and chaos magick. There is a wealth of material  in occult, mystical  literature on the phenomena of synchronicity and dream telepathy.

Which led me to take up the Eastern practises of Kung Fu and meditation, notice the  Medicine Buddha Mudra displaying  the spirit palm.