Sunday 31 May 2020

Mr K's Nightmare (part 1) Club Telepathy




Back in my early twenties when I was first awakening to the phenomena of synchronicity, I found it at times quite exhilarating but also at times quite scary.There were times when I felt I had unlocked latent psychick/magical powers including among others telepathy.
This period coincided with me being quite immersed in early rave culture.There were a number of events at raves, some of which have become the stuff of urban legend which opened my eyes to the dark side of synchronicity. One was "DJ Rap's" story of "Mr Kirk's Nightmare" at "Club Telepathy" So the story goes... DJ Rap was booked to play Club Telepathy (which was located a stones throw from where I lived at Clays Lane/Temple Mills) On the night in question decided to play the tune "Mr Kirk's Nightmare" which was popular in the scene at the time. It depicts a police officer speaking to a father with the vocal "I'm sorry Mr Kirk your Son is dead" In DJ Rap's account at the precise moment she dropped the vocal, there was fatal shooting at the door of the club" this synchronicity deeply affected her.
I too have experienced death at a Rave which deeply affected me. The event of which I detail in Part 2
One of the things I loved at early raves was the sense of empathy , communion and connection experienced (which Terrance McKenna described as a group telepathy in the track re-evolution which he did with the Shamen )
This communion brought me many highs, but the same increased sense of connection can be quite devastating when experienced in connection with death and or the oppressive nature of the police state when faced with perceived insurrection as documented by the Spiral Tribe




No comments: