Monday 30 November 2009

White Rabbits




Part I
I've been seeing lots of white rabbits lately and they have a deep resonance for me. At the weekend I went to Bristol and my Neice showed me her favourite cuddly toy called "magic rabbit" (its white) I noticed last week the white rabbit on the titles to "I'm a celebrity get me out of here" , and how they sync'd with the white rabbits on a canvas poster near my home by clapton pond,
White rabbits are perhaps best know as the symbol of the stage magician or the playboy bunny and of course there's the white rabbit in Lewis Carols "Alice" books,
I had a personal experience with going down the "rabbit  hole" of the white rabbit in the nineties when "Lord Sabre " from Sabresonic / Sabres of Paradise used the imagery  around the same time I was reading Robert Anton Wilsons commentary on the white rabbit in his "cosmic trigger" trilogy. In the Matrix ,Neo's path towards awakening was  symbolised in various ways one of which was  following the wite rabbit. A few years later The White Rabbit symbol appeared again  in another film as Frank's costume in Donnie Darko.  

Part II

"The pookah takes many forms, but is most famous when he appears as a giant, six-foot white rabbit - which is the form most Americans know from the play and film, Harvey. Whatever form the pookah takes, he retains the special ability of his species, which is like that of Thoth in Egyptian legend, Coyote in Native American myth or Hanuman the Divine Monkey in Hindu lore - he can move us from one universe, or Belief System, into another, and he likes to play games with our ideas about 'reality.''"
From Robert Anton Wilson's Cosmic Trigger Volume 2.

Part III

I started this post on 30th November so was amazed when the following morning my colleague at work told me about the expression"white rabbits white rabbits white rabbits" which it is apparently good luck to say on the first day of each month.A number of conversations have occured since then and I have been reminded of the resonances in my life of Brear Rabbit (the trickster) which my dad used to read to me as a child, the rabbits of watership down, the "grey" rabbit of bugs bunny and the sexy rabbit (hare) of the cadbury's caramel adds. And the film "who framed Rodger Rabbit.

Click the links for more on









2 comments:

A Few Shots to Shaman said...

Ha ha... You too. I had some links to the wiki definition of the Puca AKA Phooka... You should be able though to google either and find some info and pictures...

http://thebravenewworldorder.blogspot.com/2006/06/movie-synchronicity-6-robert-anton.html

That's a link to an older post by JK about it, and I mean old, we're talking his first month of blogging... However there is a cool link in it that is rich in info.

http://www.elfis.net/elfol3/elfis3.html

Half way down the page where it says UFO's PO Rabbits....

Hit me up at satoriallme@yahoo.com if you need any more... I'm always relieved when people see the same patterns as me... It makes me feel a little bit more sane.

JSteveKane said...

On Thursday i went to the premier of "Super Turbo Atomic Ninja Rabbit" created by a friend Wesley Lewis and the the team at "The Line" it is in part inspired by another White Rabbit "Miyamoto Usagi Yojimbo" a Samurai and contemporary of the Ninja Turtles