Sunday 14 February 2021

Probably a Robbery (Part 3) - The Shadow

 


One of my favourite record labels was moving Shadow.The project of one "Rob Playford" to release his own and others material. The hits by the likes of  Earth Leakage Trip, Omni Trio (Rob Haigh), 2 Bad Mice, Deep Blue,Blame, Easy Rollers etc are well known while his name is less so.



Similarly understated  was his significant role in producing the Metal headz classic  "inner city life" and album Timeless from which it is taken.The album is credited to Goldie but Robs input was integral and there was a well documented dispute between the two which was probably resolved amicably as they worked together again on The Shadow.

Timeless is one of my favourite Jungle/Drum and Bass L.P's which I bought on vinyl at the time. It is also one of the records I had stolen which I never recovered as documented in Probably a Robbery - part 1

Probably a Robbery - Team Robbo  (Part 2) can be found here


No comments: